1. Quality time with Team Swerve at the Alberta Magazine Awards last week. Though slightly less grand in scale, it actually felt like we were at the Golden Globes. Also, first nomination for me, and (humble brag), first piece of hardware. I even had to make a speech like at the Golden Globes! What I wouldn’t give to see some video footage of that performance. Pictured is my original intern, Kerianne Sproule (also know as “girl”) all grown up and awesome.
2. The little old ladies of Mission and there fantastically fancy wardrobes. I should take a cue from them and put in some effort every now and then.
3. Kip-up success! Ok, this one was more than a smile, there may have been prancing and cheering and high-fives involved as well. Seems strange, but finally adding this move to my arsenal is probably one of my finest life accomplishments to date. It’s up there with learning to drive a stick! No joke. It took me over a year to develop the strength and agility it requires and then it took me approximately three solid weeks of slamming flat on my back and knocking the wind out of myself as my trainer laughed at me, while I tried to figure out the proper timing and how to connect the movements. It was one of my 2013 new year’s resolutions, so while it was a year late, I’m finally able to impersonate Buffy the Vampire Slayer with style and grace.
4. My Co-op Gold Organic Ketchup. I dunno what’s going on in there, but it’s got the best flavour of ketchup I’ve ever come across—the perfect amount of vinegar tang.
5. Dreaming of west coast seafood. Sometimes I wonder how I even manage to live away from the coast after growing up with it.
6. Discovering hidden gems right in my own backyard. Alright, backyard is a bit of a stretch, as it is out in Priddis, but Azuridge was kind enough to have a few other media ladies and myself out to their property last week for a sneak peak at their spring menu launch and oooohhhh-weee that is a special property. Definitely looking forward to spending some more time out there in the future.
7. Eyeliner. We have an on-again/off-again kind of relationship, eyeliner and I, but right now it is certainly on.
8. Brussels sprouts and bacon. A match made in heaven, my friends.
9. Well, I mean, I think we can all agree that what my wardrobe was missing was leather shorts. Obviously. Lol. Well, Zara has remedied that issue for me.
10. This one’s quite literal: My scowl lines between my eyebrows! I’ve noticed that the closer I am getting to 30 the more prominent they are getting. Every time I catch myself squinting or furrowing my brow now, I make a conscious effort to put a more pleasant look on my face and to relax it….it’s either that or I’m going to need some preventative botox stat!