1. Post! There’s nothing like getting highly anticipated mail, but it’s even better when it comes in the form of a gorgeously presented package from Aritzia.
2. Discovering what will now undoubtedly be my new favourite item of clothing in said package.
3. Blueberries on sale for $1.99 in January. My friends will tell you that one of the only things I consistently get worked up about is the price of berries in winter. Ok, I understand they are not in season and have to be brought in, but $6.99 for half a pint, get real! Clearly, finding them at such a steal of a deal price made me happy. Yes, I am aware I am a loser.
4. Throwback Thursdays on the social media feeds (also known as #tbt). It’s just so funny. Whoever cooked it up is a genius.
5. Sriracha salmon. Hot fire!
6. New muscle pain. There comes a point in fitness where you start to think, “ok, is this it? Is this as fit as I get?” Then you take a Christmas break, reap the benefits of relaxation, get back at it hitting your workouts super hard and remember what progress and change feels like. It’s good stuff.
7. Panic spirals….but only in retrospect.
8. The Mindy Project. I’m also reading Mindy Kahling’s book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?, right now. That chick is hilarious.
9. Beets. Is there anything more gorgeous than their pure magenta colour? I just want to paint everything beet.
10. PJ and slipper parties. Yes, I’m 95-years-old.