1. Goats on the roof at Coombs. Still gets me like it did when I was a kid.
2. Victoria’s fog. So atmospheric; so west coast. Felt perfectly at home.
3. Fresh sucked oysters and downing a dozen of them with Kait in the ten minutes between meetings. Just one of our hilarious antics.
4. Hotel living. From the chocolates (not on, but beside the pillows), the continental breakfast spread, the above and beyond service and the fireplace. The Magnolia Hotel had me at hello. Highly recommend.
5. The Picard Maneuver from Little Jumbo. Mark my words, that bar is going to be a big deal in #YYJ.
6. Coffee, coffee, coffee. The roasteries we experienced on this trip really knew what they were doing.
7. Merri Berry Cider + Parksville Beach’s starry sky + Kait and our new friends = Ab workout-worthy laughs.
8. Feeling like I’m on vacation while I’m actually working. Realizing I’m a lucky duck always feels good.
9. Southern hospitality. Makes you feel like you are living in an episode of Hart of Dixie. For those unfamiliar, that’s a good thing.
10. Airport goodbye scenes. The one we witnessed in Nanaimo was a thing of greatness. That was love.