I have always been the kind of person whose internal dialogue sounded something like, “when ———— happens, everything will be great.” To say staying in the moment is a struggle is a vast understatement. Always waiting for something to improve and finally be “happy” and then in those brief moments when things seem too good to be true, my mind shifts to waiting for the other shoe to drop. I think it’s always going to be a struggle, but this year I’m focusing in being in the here and now and embracing everything for exactly what it is. Easier said than done, I know, but accepting what is and not fretting about how it used to be or how much better it’s going to be in the future hasn’t served me well so far.
- Tried my first @ToneItUp workout today on a whim (a quick little ab sess) and was so pleasantly surprised at the difficulty. Thanks ladies! 2 days ago
- Excited to be Heading to @Aveda403 shortly for a lil festive hair magic. Let the holiday party circuit begin! #goingglam 4 days ago
- How many laps around the ice rink to work off your fave holiday treat? Find out in my latest for @besthealthmag bit.ly/1eV6gPG 4 days ago
- @ngmeaghen aw, thanks buddy. I dunno about living the dream, but things have been unfolding nicely this past year. #lovinglife 5 days ago
- @ngmeaghen well that's good cause it feels like Antarctica here! Yes, still writing for @SwerveCalgary and @calgaryherald and many more :) 5 days ago