I have always been the kind of person whose internal dialogue sounded something like, “when ———— happens, everything will be great.” To say staying in the moment is a struggle is a vast understatement. Always waiting for something to improve and finally be “happy” and then in those brief moments when things seem too good to be true, my mind shifts to waiting for the other shoe to drop. I think it’s always going to be a struggle, but this year I’m focusing in being in the here and now and embracing everything for exactly what it is. Easier said than done, I know, but accepting what is and not fretting about how it used to be or how much better it’s going to be in the future hasn’t served me well so far.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- @NewportBchTweet thank you Madame, I think I shall! Can't go too wrong with London and Prague ;) hope The OC is treating you well. 5 days ago
- Heading to @visitlondon this eve. Have a few cool things lined up for stories, but what are your must dos for #londontown? #UK #travel 5 days ago
- @MarisaCoog Uhhhh...I just read ur piece in the Van Sun on the fishing club. What teh heck do you need journos for when u write like that?! 5 days ago
- @RobBreakenridge Thanks for the interview this eve. Thought the segment turned out well and a really interesting show overall. 1 week ago
- Ahhhh yes, back alley shopping cart season has officially begun in downtown #yyc! Let's hope the bin shoppers enjoy a good sleep in. 1 week ago