1. When the song can sum up everything you’re feeling better than you can.
2. Grapefruit and sage kambucha. Amen.
3. Finally having enough workout clothes. For possibly the first time ever, I have enough pants to get me through the week and enough cute tops to keep me happy. I didn’t even think it was possible.
4. Planning a double feature movie day and then realizing it’s cheap Tuesday!
5. New healthy cookbooks. I honestly don’t even know why they excite me so much, as I seem to always just go back to the same dishes, more or less, but there’s just nothing like cracking that binding and planning on cooking your way through. The online shopping lists that come along with this one doesn’t hurt either.
6. Trying to communicate in difficult times. Even if the other person doesn’t get it and even if they no longer care enough to try and make things better, at the very least I know I did what I could and I left it all out there.
7. I probably can only smile about that last point since I am happily ploughing my way through Daring Greatly by Brene Brown. I look forward to reading and learning every night these days.
8. Setting goals. Super nerdy, I know, but this chick loves a good check mark and looking back at the end of the year and seeing what’s been accomplished.
9. Pitch Perfect. Frick that movie is hilarious.
10. $3.00 T-shirts and $20 boots. That’s what I’m talking about! A far cry from the quality snob I used to be. I guess this is what happens when you are no longer a lifestyle editor and become a health and fitness writer? Out go the costly dresses and heels and in come the yoga wear (still damn expensive I might add) and bargains. Meh, I can dig it.