1. Flowers in my hair.
2. Thoughtfulness. Sure makes a girl feel special.
3. Stumbling upon a surprise farmer’s market in North Van. Amazing to see how my home town has changed in my absence…or maybe it’s society in general, but it’s just easier to notice when I head back home? Either way, three summer squash for a dollar and spray-free watercress pretty much make me giddy.
4. My boyfriends. No not that kind, I don’t even want one of those. These buddies and I go way back and no matter how far apart we are geographically or how much things change in our lives we just fall back in step when we reconvene.
5. Making music with Richy. It’s been too long. It’s funny how we just let these things that used to be such a part of us slip away when we need to focus on the “grownup” things in life. Seems like a good time to brush off the old guitar and look into some lessons in Calgary.
6. Being asked if I do fitness competitions. I couldn’t help but laugh when I said no. The thought of me strutting on stage in a bikini and lucite heels, spray tanned within an inch of my life is hilarious. But hey, it must mean I look fit, so that’s nice.
7. Fresh Basil. Is there any better smell?
8. Beer bottle microphones.
9. The new Taylor Swift song. Don’t even care how lame her “like…ever”s are. That shit is catchy!
10. This quote from Gabrielle Berstein: “Praying for a specific outcome implies uncertainty, praying for the highest good implies faith.” I’m not one for praying in the speaking to God sense, but I am one for faith that it’s all going to unfold just as it should. Too close to the brush stokes to see the pretty picture, remember?