1. Orange lipstick. Unexpected and delightful. #LemmeTakeASelfie (P.S. It’s a cheapy from Joe Fresh, so that’s just a bonus reason, really).
2. First TV segment booked. Boom! September 2nd, 8:10am, tune in to City TV to see me chatting about Calgary’s freshest fitness and wellness trends on Breakfast Television.
3. Catching up with gal pals. Gosh I’ve got some good ladies in my life.
4. Interviews that just blow your mind. Doesn’t happen all that often, but sometimes a project comes along that introduces you to amazing, awe-inspiring people. I feel honoured to even get to attempt to tell their stories.
5. Workouts that leave you just dripping in sweat. I’m not talking about like a little lady-like sweat. This was like dripping off of my pants down my legs and collecting in my shoes and socks. New level ish.
6. Fresh, perfect shellack nails. Just love ‘em. And they stop me from making a mess of mine from biting them.
7. Road trips out to the countryside. Complete with being forced to buy a CD at a gas station when the radio gives out. Bonus points for the outstanding CD selection at said gas station. I didn’t even know Ed Sheeran had a new album out!
8. My Birthday Beat Down. Also known as the last training session of my 20s. It’s become a bit of a tradition that I get the crap kicked out of me the last session before my birthday festivities and heading into MJ 3.0 was no exception. It’s sounds terrible, but it’s occasionally strangely fun to be forced to give it everything you have.
9. Getting caught in an apocalyptic storm in cutoffs, flip-flops and a tank top. What else can you do, but laugh?
10. Coffee dates with my FGM (fairy god mother). Time just flies when we are together. Never long enough.