Heading over to Europe to feed the insatiable wanderlust. It’s been a few years now since I have made it across the pond and this time I am fortunate enough to be doing it in high style thanks to one of my fairy godmothers. It will be quite the contrast to my usual backpacker style, but who doesn’t like to play dress up every now and then? Feeling blessed and we are still T-minus 10 minutes until airport time. Let the much anticipated (and needed) adventure begin.
1. Spring flowers hitting the grocery store.
2. My first article in the Globe & Mail, BOOM!
3. Then turning around and selling them on a second one days later. Double BOOM! Lol.
4. Finally hitting up a class at One Cycle. Long time coming, but now I’ve felt that endorphin rush, I think I will be back soon.
5. Nesting. Costs a bit, but it’s worth it to feel like my pad is finally coming together. After Europe it’s time to start saving up for a big girl couch. That’s right my futon crashing friends, it’s almost the end of an era.
6. Beer, sunshine, and desserts after my first time snowshoeing at Mt. Engadine Lodge. I never thought I was a snow activity kind of girl, but turns out I dig them under the right circumstances.
7. Injuries healing. Turns out leaving them alone…as in not using the limbs they reside in…really is the only way to stop the pain.
8. Dry brushing.
9. Sugar detoxing. Ok, the actual lack of sugar is not so much fun, but the challenge certainly presents one of those shake my head and smile kind of situations. No pain, no gain…or something like that, right?
10. Face Time. It is seriously like living in the The Jetsons people! The future is now!
1. Timber-week on Jimmy Fallon. I don’t have cable, so I’m a week late, but sweet baby Jebus, I LOVE that boy. I just sit there beaming at him. Whether he’s performing his tunes, doing skits or just shooting the breeze with Fallon, I’m full-on captivated by him.
2. Good food. Plain, simple, delicious ingredients, thrown together in beautiful accidents. Glorious.
3. Chatting with Jillian Michaels. Just an insanely genuine and passionate woman. I always found her pretty interesting, but I’m a true fan after that interview.
4. Workout buddy Richy. What a pleasant surprise that he a.) was in Calgary on Tuesday, b.) that he actually brought workout clothes and c.) that he was finally willing to come to one of trainer boy’s classes. I wish he could fly in weekly cause that was genuine fun like I haven’t experienced in a while.
5. Grapefruit Perrier. I’m a sucker for those citrus bubbles.
6. Baby Kale. It was like Christmas morning when I spotted them in the salad section the other day.
7. Coffee dates at Analog Cafe. Totally made me feel like we were hanging in Cali or Seattle, not good old C-town. An attractive Aussi dude making my coffee didn’t hurt either.
8. Deadlines. The word itself is not a smile-inducing one, but without them I would likely accomplish nothing.
9. New opportunities. I’m just loving what the Universe is sending my way these days. Keep ‘em coming please…
10. Papaya. I don’t know why it took me until my 28th year on this planet to discover it, but now I’m never letting this, frankly, kind of odd fruit, go.
Sometimes, when we are in the midst of it, we can’t recognize all the amazing opportunities that are coming our way. Or even see all the small achievements that are slowly adding up to our goals being accomplished. This is not one of those times. March has been exceptionally great to me in terms of progress and chances and I’m taking note with the hopes that April, May, June and beyond will continue bestowing the blessings.