1. Illustrations of myself. They really never get old. Well done, Julie Mclaughlin. Well done.
2. The 10th anniversary issue of Swerve from which that illustration is from. Reading through creator and original editor, Shelley Youngblut, and the genius, Kevin Brooker’s, thoughts about the last 10 years actually had me tearing up. And looking through all the covers and stories I had a hand in during my six years made me so proud to have been a part of it.
3. The return of pomegranate arils to the grocery store. So. Much. Time. Saved!
4. That moment when I was re-raching my deadlift weight and something knocked one end upwards, triggering a domino effect of every single barbell tumbling down onto my forearms. Luckily it was the second last exercise of the night so the endorphins saved me from much much pain, but the way it played out in slow motion in my head (and the super intense bruised I now have) are both pretty hilarious.
5. This fun little winter fitness segment I did this past weekend on Global.
6. Curry. I don’t know what’s going on, but I just can’t get enough of it these days.
7. Catching up with the whole team at the Swerve anniversary party. Too much wine and too many good peeps is the recipe for one of the worst hangovers on record, but it was worth it. Sort of.
8. Intriguing, intriguing offers from overseas.
9. Adventures in the Costco liquor store. I didn’t think we had them here!? The only time I’ve ever been is in Cabo and frankly, that place is AWESOME. Legit Champagne for $28.00? My favourite Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc for $15? Ummm, yah, don’t mind if I do. Totally going to taste my way through all the Kirkland offerings….once I can fathom the thought of alcohol again (read: item seven).
10. Tales of my pal Maria’s “eccentric” British parents. I was beside myself crying/laughing as she recounted a few of the incidence of her youth. There are some people in this world who you just need to meet. Her father, mother and step-mother are now on that list for me. They also need their own reality show. For reals.