1. Nostalgic scenes from my back alley. Pretty sure I used to have that very same tricycle.
2. The urge to bake. It always seems like so much effort to make muffins (it’s really not when you do it the way I do), but these pumpkin spices babies are so worth it.
3. Taking the time to schedule in catchups with my buds. There really are a lot of unused hours in most of my days, so it was so pleasant to have coffee (ok, mostly just stay sitting in the same spot at Starbucks where I had been working for the previous four hours) with Richard AND Karen in the same day. Not long enough visits, they never are, but that’s a good day right there.
4. Positive feedback. I had the pleasure of checking out Orange Theory Fitness last week for a feature I’m working on for the Herald and I have to say it was a very refreshing workout experience from what I’m used to. Fitness nerds like myself are going to love this place. You can see exactly how hard you are working, exactly what areas may need improvement and when you’re kicking ass the instructor takes note and tells you so. I just wish there was one closer to my hood cause I would be all over this as my cardio option.
5. That moment when you get home from a night out really wishing you had stopped to get something sinful to eat and your remember there’s a taco in your dang purse! I literally squealed with joy.
6. Stepping out of that comfort zone and trying something new. It’s a lovely place, but it has been well established that nothing ever grows there.
7. Brunches that turn into dinner and a random outing to a Salt & Peppa concert. Screw you New York Times, go ahead and classify me as an asshole, but I love brunch.
8. Crazy out of the blue unexpected offers that could possibly flip your whole life plan on its head.
9. Oversized sweaters and moccasins. Pants are overrated.
10. Extremely random Friday night adventures. Sometimes you just need to party with strangers, yo.