1. New kicks (c/o Reebok). Always lovely to receive a gift and even better when they encourage getting a workout in.
2. New Year’s resolutions achieved. Handstand Push-up: Check.
3. Dark brown hair dye and my impulsive decision making.
4. Curiosity. I hadn’t had a real “training session” in quite some time, but we are trying to get back into them to finish up a few goals (see number 2) before 2014 is upon us. Randomly I asked trainer boy, “what do you think is a good back squat weight for a woman?” He didn’t have a clue, so suggested we do them and see. Turns out 5x 195# ain’t no thing. Ok, it is a thing. It was a fine and fully unexpected accomplishment. Looking forward to figuring out what my current one rep max is and then working it up.
5. Hitting seemingly impossible deadlines. “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger,” never rang so true.
6. Coffee. Making hitting deadlines possible since…well I don’t know when, but it’s good shiz.
7. Afternoon cuddle fests.
8. Ruffled white tulips.
9. Baseball shirts. Just love ‘em, don’t really know why?
10. Taking the high road.
1. Watching the snow fall from the window seat. Simultaneously beautiful and annoying.
2. Old Navy’s sales. Seriously, I know it’s, well, Old Navy, but you just can’t beat those prices and some of there things are just damn cute!
3. Manifesting destiny.
4. Branching out of the neighbourhood. Doesn’t happen all that often, but I spent the day writing over in Kensington this week and let me tell you: there’s a whole city out there!
5. Good butt pants. Yah, no explanation needed.
6. Brand spanking new 600 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets. One thing that’s worth every penny to me.
7. Wind chime wake up call.
8. Scones. I’m obsessed. They remind me on Montessori school, except these ones come in all sorts of autumnal flavours. Maple Pecan…ummm….yah…it’s becoming a problem.
9. Unexpected play time with my favourite pint-sized person.
10. Justin Timberlake. I mean, come on. First TKO is released and then the whole second potion of The 20/20 Experience. That guy is unreal.
1. Goats on the roof at Coombs. Still gets me like it did when I was a kid.
2. Victoria’s fog. So atmospheric; so west coast. Felt perfectly at home.
3. Fresh sucked oysters and downing a dozen of them with Kait in the ten minutes between meetings. Just one of our hilarious antics.
4. Hotel living. From the chocolates (not on, but beside the pillows), the continental breakfast spread, the above and beyond service and the fireplace. The Magnolia Hotel had me at hello. Highly recommend.
5. The Picard Maneuver from Little Jumbo. Mark my words, that bar is going to be a big deal in #YYJ.
6. Coffee, coffee, coffee. The roasteries we experienced on this trip really knew what they were doing.
7. Merri Berry Cider + Parksville Beach’s starry sky + Kait and our new friends = Ab workout-worthy laughs.
8. Feeling like I’m on vacation while I’m actually working. Realizing I’m a lucky duck always feels good.
9. Southern hospitality. Makes you feel like you are living in an episode of Hart of Dixie. For those unfamiliar, that’s a good thing.
10. Airport goodbye scenes. The one we witnessed in Nanaimo was a thing of greatness. That was love.